So when we had some leftover chorizo I knew I needed to do something with it, and pasta bake is easy to put in freezer or have the next day as leftovers which is what I did.
Spanish Chicken & Chorizo Pasta Bake
Serves 6 – 9 Propoints per serving.
Whole-wheat Pasta dry 300g
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Jar of Weightwatchers Spanish Style Cooking Sauce (alternatively you could probably use salsa instead as that’s what it pretty much smells like)
Chopped up vegetables – I used leek, courgette, mushrooms, peppers
100g of grated cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Cook your pasta, place to one side.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, in a wok fry with fry light your chopped chicken/turkey breast.
- When browned, add in chorizo and vegetables until softened
- Then add tomatoes and jar of sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes before stirring in the cooked pasta.
- Place mixture in a oven dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook on gas mark 6 for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and nice and golden.
It was so yummy, I am definitely going to make it again soon. Let me know if you give it a try yourselves!